I tired all these myself
1. Use anti-virus, anti-spyware applications to check
for possible viruses or spywares.
2. It could be lack of resources. Shut down other
applications, which could eat up resources.
3. Here are possible compatibility settings, which only
applies for windows XP users.
Goto C:\Program Files\SDENTERNET\NavyFIELD.exe
And right click NavyFIELD.exe and choose properties. And
click the compatibility to windows 2000.
4. Try changing the virtual memory settings.
How to secure virtual memory.
For Windows 98, ME users:
Goto Start -> settings -> control panel-> system->
In the virtual memory area, set it minimum 768MB to
For Windows 2000, XP users:
Goto Start -> control panel -> system -> advanced ->
performance settings -> advanced tab -> and in the
virtual memory settings, click change and set the
virtual memory to minimum 768MB to maximum 1536MB.
5. Incase you lack in hard drive space, free up more
hard drive space by uninstalling unused programs and
delete temporary internet files. And defrag your hard
6. Try changing the sound acceleration settings.
Start -> run -> enter dxdiag and click ok -> in the
DirectX details screen, click sound -> select the
hardware acceleration level to basic acceleration
and click finish.
7. Try switching the color quaity from 32 bit to 16 bit
Right mouse click on the desktop -> Settings -> Change
the color quality from 32 bit to 16 bit.
8. Try downloading and installing the latest patch from
the website. just over write the files.
9. Uninstalling game, and re downloading it.
lol i can run bf2 with no problem at all, but navy filed cant run half the time...
I get the black screen freeze up/crash what ever you wont to call it when i leave port...
(every time i login just about this week......)
I have tired everything so its on nf end, and not main..