Password
FlashGuide
HA Infomation

General Discussion

Index

• 2017 Aug Update

08. 11. 2017 21:39 PST

Hello Community,

There are a few updates we working on that I would like to inform you to keep you updated.

1. Windows 10 Compatibility patch is ready to be released.

2. Crash fix is under testing phrase, very likely it can be fixed soon.

3. Steam release is going to be around 25-31 August. Server will move to East Coast USA along with the release. 

4. All fleets, squadrons and habours data will be reset/cleaned before Steam release in order to fix the HA issue and resolve the problem accumulated in the database over years. This will also help new players from Steam to bind into the community easier.  Fleet and squadron will have to reform after this. 

Thank you.

Vinnson

• Re : 2017 Aug Update

08. 12. 2017 00:36 PST

pingolox001

Greetings you have to wait until that "date" for also the olives and medals that offered a long time ago ??? Of equal name to play without problems that the server has much lag ... thank you very much

08. 12. 2017 02:13 PST

Catweazle_eu

heyho!

point 4:

omg !

HA issue:

now, as the work has been done by the fleets with the bug - now you come...

all work & time for rubbish...

a game in the long term,...aha...

for what have we been asked about opinion of FL, when decision already fix? statements deleted and ignored again?

Pray that nothing goes wrong with the reset !

only 1 little bit false - game over NF NA... just before steam release

community(=fleets) kicked in the a... again for old problems existing for years, no one bothered ?

sorry...kamikaze ???

what should be expected of the community?

what about the fleet functions on the homepage "my fleet" ?

oh, not working ...

trade manual ... oh, no trade at all...

looks really good for beginners... that would be features really helping newbies

maybe reset may fix it?

i hope i am wrong...

stunned greetings

catweazle_eu

08. 12. 2017 22:05 PST

jtee

hi im a old player can i start playing on windows 10 before steam launch

08. 13. 2017 17:45 PST

laoji

Originally Posted by jtee

hi im a old player can i start playing on windows 10 before steam launch

i am old player too and now i use windows 10 play NF.

08. 16. 2017 17:14 PST

mfischer

Hello GM/SDE/TNF...whoever runs this game now... oh great oz...

What is in the Windows 10 Patch..

Who is testing it? What are you attempting to fix. Is it the app signing issues? How about a bug fix list for win 10...?

Crash is under investigation??

exactly which type/types of crashing are you talking about being fixed..How is this being tested?? Maybe as a suggestion ...its time to redo the test server so the community can test these "fixes" prior to them being unleashed with the normal issues..bugs ?

"Server will move to East Coast USA along with the release. "

Which part of the "server"....?

The Update Server? The Game Server? The login/account Server? The Web Server...?

Are these all going to be in the same datat center...? If so which one and at what level, who is the hosting company, what bandwidth/speed did you arrange?

May I be so bold as to suggest that if you continue to use poorly located data centres and low level hosting servers for the Game Server instance with bad routing then there will be no improvment.

With the the Harbour/Fleet resets...

What version of Harbour are you resetting to..?

The Original harbour setups with investable AI defenses and AI ships like we had 10+ years ago...or the crippled...sorry..removed for bug features version with limited number of ships and all the defenses AI's turned off?

Have you done any testing with the fleets for this fleet reset to see if it actually works....?

As always I'll put on my rose coloured glasses..had to buy new ones after the last effort..

And look while you are at "improvements" how about a actual properly set up ticket system that allows for replies to ticket responses or feedback... nothing like a customer metric measure to give you actual insight as to how your cough.. customer service is progressing.

08. 18. 2017 12:46 PST

galashiguy

Originally Posted by mfischer

Hello GM/SDE/TNF...whoever runs this game now... oh great oz...

What is in the Windows 10 Patch..

Who is testing it? What are you attempting to fix. Is it the app signing issues? How about a bug fix list for win 10...?

Crash is under investigation??

exactly which type/types of crashing are you talking about being fixed..How is this being tested?? Maybe as a suggestion ...its time to redo the test server so the community can test these "fixes" prior to them being unleashed with the normal issues..bugs ?

"Server will move to East Coast USA along with the release. "

Which part of the "server"....?

The Update Server? The Game Server? The login/account Server? The Web Server...?

Are these all going to be in the same datat center...? If so which one and at what level, who is the hosting company, what bandwidth/speed did you arrange?

May I be so bold as to suggest that if you continue to use poorly located data centres and low level hosting servers for the Game Server instance with bad routing then there will be no improvment.

With the the Harbour/Fleet resets...

What version of Harbour are you resetting to..?

The Original harbour setups with investable AI defenses and AI ships like we had 10+ years ago...or the crippled...sorry..removed for bug features version with limited number of ships and all the defenses AI's turned off?

Have you done any testing with the fleets for this fleet reset to see if it actually works....?

As always I'll put on my rose coloured glasses..had to buy new ones after the last effort..

And look while you are at "improvements" how about a actual properly set up ticket system that allows for replies to ticket responses or feedback... nothing like a customer metric measure to give you actual insight as to how your cough.. customer service is progressing.

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

Notice how threads are still getting deleted.

What do they have to hide? Everything. I bet when Steam is released the Forums will be totally GROOMED so the game looks great.