ID
Password
HA Infomation

Test Server Discussion

Index

• Alsace speed reduced after patch???

09. 14. 2012 22:10 PST

fallsblvd

Is it just me or did the recent patch bork the Alsace.  Prior I was able to run 42 knots overheat with my 120 crew setup(granted no aa).  Now I had to drop 95 bluge to get the 42 knots and still no aa.

I thought the patch was to reduce main gun weight to allow for aa placement and still run at 42?

• Re : Alsace speed reduced after patch???

09. 14. 2012 23:40 PST

AlexCaboose

There were a few patches done. One changed the displacement in order to prevent 49knts and 44knts setups (2 turrets and 3 turrets). That is probably why you had to remove a considerable amount of bulge.

09. 15. 2012 22:20 PST

towboat42

thank lj  for this

09. 16. 2012 06:07 PST

fallsblvd

I saw an earlier post in test server forum where lj stated that SDE messed up some values.  He said the plan was to get Alsace back up to 42 knots.

Just my opinoin, but w national traits and balance, this ship should:

run 3 gun setup

run full aa

run 100+ bulge

and go 25/42

I agree they needed to fix 2 gun SW setup.  Probablly keep max OH to 45 and no aa for that.  I don't care for that play style anyway.  AW should not be a viable otion either.

**Mods move to test server forum if you like.

09. 16. 2012 11:29 PST

AlexCaboose

Originally Posted by towboat42

thank lj  for this

These were Rehor's numbers, not LJs. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with this ship. The ship is working exactly as intended. If you want to whine and complain about anyone, you can blame me as all patches must go through me first.

The idea was that if you wanted to run AA, you could do so without practically any armor and still go 42 knts. The non-AA setup would still give you far more leeway to setup your ship as you intended.

There was a minor issue with the weight of the main guns that prevented our intended AA setup, but it was patched this week.

09. 16. 2012 13:54 PST

Bulldog35

Originally Posted by AlexCaboose

thank lj  for this

These were Rehor's numbers, not LJs. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with this ship. The ship is working exactly as intended. If you want to whine and complain about anyone, you can blame me as all patches must go through me first.

The idea was that if you wanted to run AA, you could do so without practically any armor and still go 42 knts. The non-AA setup would still give you far more leeway to setup your ship as you intended.

There was a minor issue with the weight of the main guns that prevented our intended AA setup, but it was patched this week.

Well since you asked someone to do it alex I will..... thanks you took a ship who's trait was short range and speed and yet able to carry some bulge and ruined it. If you are so concerned about balance get rid of all nation ships make everything neutral so that everyone plays the same type of boat. With 120 crew and AA you can't add enough bulge to protect from OPed subs. There needs to be more accountabilty to the things you and the rest of the test team are doing. Sometimes it's best to leave things alone and let people figure out how to adjust to different nations playstyle. Instead your answer is to make ever boat as common as another without asking the community what they want.

09. 16. 2012 14:04 PST

fallsblvd

@Tow - Don't flame people in my thread, ty.

@ Alex - Thanks for the insight.  So you are telling me with no aa I should be able to reach 25/42.  My question still stands though...I was doing 42 prior, why am I not able to reach 42 setup has not changed??  no aa, +12 engies, and all 120. 

09. 16. 2012 14:55 PST

richardphat

It was agreed for 120 crew.

AA only and no bulge 42, no AA bulge 42.

09. 16. 2012 14:58 PST

AlexCaboose

Originally Posted by Bulldog35

Originally Posted by AlexCaboose

thank lj  for this

Well since you asked someone to do it alex I will..... thanks you took a ship who's trait was short range and speed and yet able to carry some bulge and ruined it. If you are so concerned about balance get rid of all nation ships make everything neutral so that everyone plays the same type of boat. With 120 crew and AA you can't add enough bulge to protect from OPed subs. There needs to be more accountabilty to the things you and the rest of the test team are doing. Sometimes it's best to leave things alone and let people figure out how to adjust to different nations playstyle. Instead your answer is to make ever boat as common as another without asking the community what they want.

I answer to reasonable people in search of a better game. I do not cave to "buff my nation." 

09. 16. 2012 15:39 PST

fallsblvd

Originally Posted by richardphat

Great, very concise answer Richard.  I hope this can be implemented soon.  Thanks.

09. 16. 2012 15:51 PST

AlexCaboose

Originally Posted by fallsblvd

Originally Posted by richardphat

Great, very concise answer Richard.  I hope this can be implemented soon.  Thanks.

Implemented last week. 

1 2