ID
Password
FlashGuide
HA Infomation

Technical Support

Index

• Critical Error solution

06. 04. 2017 16:38 PST

Since our game is encrypted with Themida.  Some antivirus/firewall may falsely define it is virus/trojan. So we highly suggest you put whole NF folder or (navyfield.exe and main.dll) into your antivirus exception list in order to launch the game successfully. 

If you anti-virus removed game files falsely. Then please follow the guide to reinstall NF.

http://www.navyfield.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=26405&pagecount=0&page1=1&searchtype=0&category=E01&searchvalue=&sort=5

This is the virus scan list. Some non top tier anti virus will define all files encrypted by Themida as virus. So you can switch your anti virus to some famous world leading one such as Kaspersky to avoid false reporting and blocking you. 

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/17d4466912a0db68d1c8f6f979b6f0d9b67fab8d

• Re : Critical Error solution

06. 21. 2017 07:57 PST

ErwinJA

The list is no longer accurate. Starting with today's update check, even several of the big names are detecting something. The updater saw several new/updated files despite no announcement, and one of those set my antivirus off. This is the first time in the history of NF this has happened, and the AV used was among those your list said was fine. I tried on another computer with a different AV (also among those the list shows as good), and got the same thing.

There appears to be an actual problem here.

06. 21. 2017 13:36 PST

galashiguy

Agreed. I have Norton and it set off Norton.

You better get your list updated to reflect that this is going to be a HUGE SNAFU

Norton AV from Comcast which is a really decent AV. Blocked and deleted downloaded files.

I had to add a lot of single items. The problem here is Nortons exclusion list will ONLY allow one FILE extension at a time. No folders. Just one item at a time. One item at a time.......

Another SDE fail.

How many people are at a decent PC tech level to do this ? It took me three attempts to get this to work. 

I had to do the exclusions numerous times. Then manually download the patch. Run the manual patch. Accept that the files were Trustworthy through Norton as it STILL was blocking something. Are they trustworthy ??????? Then I had to run the Efuns game updater (NF Launcher) to load the most recent game patch. Start the game and it finally worked.

1 Hour of my life wasted.......

06. 24. 2017 06:22 PST

feros_eu

Same here. After update loading the software is reported to be infected by an trojan.

TR/Fuery.nbemw is moved into quarantain. Gamestart get interrupted after login screen by disconnecting from gameserver.

No Gameplay for me anymore.

06. 26. 2017 10:58 PST

Originally Posted by feros_eu

Same here. After update loading the software is reported to be infected by an trojan.

TR/Fuery.nbemw is moved into quarantain. Gamestart get interrupted after login screen by disconnecting from gameserver.

No Gameplay for me anymore.

Add the files mentioned into exception list and reinstall NF 

06. 26. 2017 14:20 PST

mfischer

I would suggest that SDE urgently check the code signing cetificate they use so as to not generate these issues.

Me thinks someone forgot this on the latest patch that was deployed.

Its a simple fix for the devs.

06. 29. 2017 12:39 PST

Originally Posted by mfischer

I would suggest that SDE urgently check the code signing cetificate they use so as to not generate these issues.

Hello,

It's not about certificate. It's about Themida. As some rats software use this encryption software to encrypt their software, some anti virus simply think everything encrypted by it are trojan/virus. If we need to solve the problem then we need to inform these anti virus every patch, that's nearly impossible. 

09. 14. 2017 23:09 PST

mfischer

And yet again another SDE fail.

No this is not how it is done.

Spend 2cents and fix the issue properly instead of the usual .. hey its your problem.

Its just another example of the now normal bad practise and poor development skills within the SDE/NAIAD development team.

You wonder why the game is failing... falling apart..good luck with getting steam on board with these sloppy practises.

Originally Posted by TeamNF

Originally Posted by mfischer

Hello,

It's not about certificate. It's about Themida. As some rats software use this encryption software to encrypt their software, some anti virus simply think everything encrypted by it are trojan/virus. If we need to solve the problem then we need to inform these anti virus every patch, that's nearly impossible. 

09. 18. 2017 12:07 PST

tg14

This isnt a issue but i use Webroot as it PROMPTED me allow the files, as it thinks that the files could be a virus, and it sometimes (in general) it should be not be connecting to the internet. If i had to give an example i will use (as i gotten this before) steampowered (steam) iexplorer (internet explorer) NavyFIELD and others.
As i said this ISNT AN ISSUE, Just an Minor inconvise everytime i start up my computer.
Fair well and thanks for the HE shells, -TG 

09. 22. 2017 16:58 PST

techdome26

did u know that THEMIDA IS a worm that will migrate in your pc, wrecking havoc in other areas it was not intended in?

it also occors in some of the .NET++ crap that came out with Vista and win7.

the only .NET ++ necessary for ANYTHING windows has made(except maybe win10) is dated 2005 and 2013.

FYI             you people kill me....derp