FlashGuide
HA Infomation

Tip and Tactics

Index

• How to play BB or Become a legend 101

12. 20. 2011 11:10 PST

Recommend : 59

Obergrattler

In memory of the famous eecan rush I decided to compose a guide that will bring back the professionalism and bravery of long forgotten but cherished times.

If at times you begin to question yourself whether you are doing it right, whether you are playing the game how it should be played, don't be afraid and use this as an example to strive after.

1. Setup

The battle starts in harbor. First of all you want to remove as many guns as possible, you won’t need them anyway as the enemy will only see your rushing bow. You should then use the gained displacement to put on as much armor as possible, your goal should be to make your ship as slow as you can, preferably bulk and then deck armor. Your slow speed is supposed to terrify the enemy into sinking spontaneously. Remember that every war is won by the better psychological warfare and in this case you got the advantage.

Do not, I repeat, do not put on AA even if you got a lot of these useless T slots, the attempt to use AA will only distract you from rushing and annihilating the enemy. He is supposed to see you and be terrified, let him see you and your sight will destroy his fighting spirit. Remember you are using psychological warfare. “Que es AA?” you ask? That’s the spirit.

Should I equip a scout? NO. Scouts are a waste of space. You can use the slot for leveling a Restorer or Machine Gunners instead or leave the slot free and put on more armor. Your CVs will gladly perform their scouting duties. Nonetheless you should always encourage them with a friendly “VISION NUB CV”. You are already winning the battle. Leave the harbor now.

2. Battle room

Great, take a look at the battle area and open a room. Now that you are the host it’s time to get something to drink or eat. Take your time don’t hurry. When you come back and your room has vanished open another one then minimize the game and watch some adult movie. When you are finished and alt+tab back into the game and your room has closed again join someone else’s room.

No matter how many or what kind of ships are in the room write immediately “HOST?” Wait one second, I repeat, one second then write “HOST AFK ALL OUT!!” Leave the room, join another room. Here the host is chatting himself, good. In any case you should write the same statement as in the last room. This will weed out the weak. You may also write jajajaja. After all the room is closed, players split, the timer is running down. As a BB you want to place yourself in the last row possibly in the middle or north. This will secure that the enemy will see an empty front line which will multiply his fear.

The loading screen appears. For this you should have prepared some macros which you will spam mercilessly, they can contain blank lines, random movie quotes, funny pictures, trade offers nobody cares about. People will disconnect because their eyes are bleeding, you are winning.

3. The spawn

Finally you are at spawn. You should go afk now. If you are impatient close your eyes, press f, click randomly on your screen and spam space for a minute or so. You are checking your guide lines. This is the moment to take a look at your team members.  Are nine BB going north? Join them. In general go north especially if you are a BB5 or BB6. You will first destroy the north flank and then annihilate the shocked enemy in the south. It is an established military tactic to attack the enemy from a higher position. This applies to NF as well. NF equals reality, as everyone knows.

4. Target priority

Always ignore subs, but you can shoot the water a few times in front of the enemy to intimidate them. If you got the choice whether to shoot a DD or a high tier BB that is rushing you, shoot the DD. Show the BB6 what will happen to him. Always shoot the enemy ship that is at least dangerous to you, this will ensure that the enemy will be strong for a longer period of time which equals more glory for you.  If a small enemy ship crosses no man’s land and a small blitz ensues leave your position and join them, you should make sure to miss the DD at least four times while giving the enemy the chance to kill you. You are lion playing with his prey. Then fall back and go afk or shoot the water randomly.

5. Movement

I will make this short. Always, and I can’t emphasize this enough, always drive in a straight line. Don’t change your course, this will fool the enemy. Thinking that you will perform an evasive maneuver he will shoot too short or too long and never hit you. Do you see what a stroke of genius this is?

6. Timing

This is the most delicate issue you are facing because it is connected with the vision you have. You can see the enemy line? Look around, is there an enemy scout. No? Great, fall back and use the AA someone else put on your ship. Take your time and move back slowly when you have done this for two or three minutes or as long as the enemy line is lit up. Now you are back and camped by fighters, excellent, launch your scout that someone else put on your ship. The enemy line has gone dark and there are enemy planes above you? The time has come. This is your moment of glory. Overheat into the unknown and shoot the dark.  Nothing can go wrong. You are winning this

If you follow this guidelines you too can make it into the Hall of Shame.

• Re : How to play BB or Become a legend 101

12. 20. 2011 11:50 PST

L_O_Marduk
@ Obergrattler

dude you are and will always be my hero.......you are hilarious and the guide cracked me i kept laughing for like half an hour, iam guessing all this happened to your team mates in battles right? i know that because when it happens to me in a battle and i see all the BBs keep failing i just wanna kill myself and everyone else in my team.

12. 20. 2011 12:09 PST

Iced8383
I pissed myself laughing.

12. 20. 2011 12:17 PST

firezmissles
I was skeptical about this guide at first but after some games I can 100% guarentee you that you will win every single time. Sometimes the babies run away from my strong armored ship so I push them back but sinking in the process, and although I haven't sunk anyone, they are stuck with the fear of somebody else going rambo on their asses as well, causing them to run all the way back and beach on the islands.

If some witchcraft were to be cast on your game and made you lose even when you clearly won, you still get coins.

12. 20. 2011 17:53 PST

KingCong
I always thought dodging and weaving made you look weak and indecisive.

12. 20. 2011 18:28 PST

johnichus
The point is " If you follow this guide lines you too can make it into the Hall of Shame. "
That's all.

LOLOLOLOL see the topic "101"~~lol

12. 20. 2011 18:41 PST

michael628
...lol i always do this for fun. i dident know it makes you famous?!?

great job on the fame post: if you do the exact opposite then you still fail lol

12. 20. 2011 20:14 PST

rocketeer1
I have to disagree with the use of Restorers or Machine gunners in the Support slots.

Multiple Radiomen are the key to winning a battle.

12. 20. 2011 21:03 PST

Happymeal2
Originally Posted by rocketeer1

I have to disagree with the use of Restorers or Machine gunners in the Support slots.

Multiple Radiomen are the key to winning a battle.

Yes, but the machine guns are vital to inspiring mass fear into the hearts of your enemy; after all, who wants their weak and brittle ships to be shot by massive machine guns?

12. 21. 2011 02:32 PST

Obergrattler
I am glad everyone realizes the significance of my work and of course my advice is the result of the painstaking study of the real tactics used by some of the legendary captains that this game has produced.

On the issue what sailors are best equipped to produce panic in the enemy lines I would say that this a question of preference and each captain will develop his own means to destroy the enemy's courage and will. If using radio men accomplishes this goal I find it to be a splendid and glorious idea.

12. 21. 2011 06:08 PST

computergeek
AHHAHAHAHAA!! I'm at work and my coworkers were wondering what's going on!

Nice post man, I'll be sure to keep this in mind

1 2 3 4 5 6